Socionext is aiming to become a company that contributes to a sustainable and rich, low-carbon society in harmony with local communities. Our commitment to address global environmental issues together with our customers and society started with each of our employees becoming environmentally conscious. Through the development and distribution of energy-saving and space-saving eco-friendly devices and solutions, we help reduce of the environmental impact of our customers’ products.
Socionext contributes to the protection of a rich global environment with customer through the design, development, and sale of SoC with superior environmental performance through advanced technology and the solutions business or services centered on these SoC. Socionext makes efforts to reduce the environmental impact and environmental pollution based on the following action policy through the entire life cycle from development to procurement, production, sale, use, and disposal.
- Active contribution to reducing the environmental impact, such as reducing CO2 emissions and waste matter, by actively promoting the development of products that consider the environment, electric power conservation, light-weight products, and the suitable management of items containing chemical substances.
- Compliance with each country’s and each region’s environment laws and regulations, and agreements with customers.
- Aiming for improved awareness of the environment for all Socionext personnel, and promotion of environmental contributions to regional communities.
- Continuous improvement of environmental management system to effectively implement these environmental activities.
Environmentally Friendly Products
Socionext is pursuing the design and development of products that are environmentally friendly while strictly complying with legal regulations. By developing low-power consumption products and providing products that correspond to the legal and regulatory environment of various countries, we are delivering peace of mind to our customers.
The products of Socionext and the packing and packaging materials comply with the EU REACH regulations (1), EU RoHS directive (2), China RoHS directive (3) and other laws and regulations (excluding exceptions for applying usage prohibition measures).
- The regulations in the EU with the purpose of registering, evaluating, authorizing and restricting chemicals (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals)
- The directive that prohibits the use of specific hazardous substances in electronic and electrical equipment sold in the EU (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- The directive that prohibits the use of specific hazardous substances in electronic and electrical equipment sold in the People’s Republic of China (Regulatory ordinance preventing pollution from the production of electronic and information products)
ISO14001 is an international standard for environmental management system (EMS), outlined with the aim of improving environmental performance of an organization. Socionext is continuing its activities to reduce impacts to the environment based on the requirements of ISO14001.